Stand-alone autoguiding revolutionised
Just plug in and start guiding
- Autoguiding starts automatically as soon as you power on your StarAid. Point your telescope anywhere in the sky, and StarAid will find multiple guide stars. Even under a full moon or in a rich star cloud in the milky way under pristine skies.
- No laptop or any other device needed
- Guiding automatically resumes when clouds pass by or when you move your mount to a new location
Accurate and fast tracking for the best image quality
- Recognises and tracks 1 to 20 stars simultaneously
- Advanced, high performance proprietary star recognition and centering algorithm
- Guiding accuracy not affected by mount backlash
- Up to 30% sharper photos
- Sends up to 5 corrections per second (5Hz) to the mount to minimise drift effects and correct some of the seeing (5Hz)
- Finishes mount calibration in 4-30 seconds
Automatically optimised guiding parameters
Let AI do the tedious work
- StarAid automatically monitors the seeing conditions and the mount response
- It uses Artificial Intelligence to find the optimal guide parameters
Live LED status feedback
- LEDs indicate the status of guiding, warnings or errors
- Different patterns for specific actions
- No need to connect your laptop or phone
- Adjust their brightness or turn them off completely from the StarAid App
No laptop needed
Free built-in StarAid App to access extras
Even though StarAid autoguiding is fully autonomous, and requires no additional device, there is a handy StarAid App available to access advanced functionality:
- Monitor the status of autoguiding.
- Super easy polar alignment.
- Automatic plate-solving (“Sky Recognition”)
- Live view to help you focus your StarAid.
Use it with any device
- Access and use the app on your smartphone, computer or tablet
- Works without Internet
- Connect your device via StarAid’s built-in wifi or the provided USB cable
Accurate polar alignment within 30 seconds
Save time and effort
Point up and start alignment with a tap in your app
- Just point your telescope anywhere in the sky. StarAid will tell you how to set your mount.
- No need to see the celestial pole from your location
- Works just as well in the Southern as in the Northern hemisphere.
- High accuracy: typically ~ 30” within about 2 minutes
- All mounts with adjustable screws or knobs are supported (even single-axis tracking platforms).
within 2 seconds
Save time and effort
Sky Recognition: advanced plate-solving
- The Sky Recognition functionality recognises 96% of all locations within 2 seconds (under clear skies, without moonlight)
- Start it with a tap from your StarAid App
- No Internet needed
- Check the coordinates in the app, and enter it in your mount to use it for GOTO
All modern mounts supported
Tested on several models
- All mounts with an ST-4 compatible guide port are supported.
- Tested on the following mounts and mount types:
- All mounts with Astro-Elektronik FS-2 control system
- Astro-Physics 1100
- Astro-Physics Mach1
- Astro-Physics models with GTOCP v2, v3 and v4
- Celestron AVX
- Losmandy GM-8 with original DDS
- Meade FORK mount
- SkyWatcher EQ5
- SkyWatcher EQ6
- Vixen Super Polaris types with BoxDorfer MTS-3 kit
- Can be used with Losmandy DDS control box