Make sure that your software is up-to-date
In order to install the latest software, follow these steps:
(1) Download the latest software version.
(2) Connect StarAid to your PC or laptop.
(3) Open the Web App via one of the following URLs:
(4) Click on the menu icon (three bars) in the upper-left corner.
(5) Select Software update (or Settings -> Software update on older versions).
(6) Update the device with the downloaded swu file by following the instructions in the App: Click here, or drag and drop a software update image file to this area.
(7) Wait for the software update to complete.
Releases and known issues
2019-09-21 – Software release v1.1.0
- Adds new feature: auto-exposure!
This feature removes the need to control shutter/gain yourself in order to get the live-view properly exposed.
Note: this only matters for the live-view. Autoguiding is in no way affected.
- Live-view default gamma 1.0 and quality 80% to give a more natural image
- Software Update has been moved from the settings page to the panel menu
2019-08-29 – Software release v1.0.10
- Support for legacy Losmandy DDS drive boxes found on the GM-8 and GM-11 mounts
Note: due to hardware differences, a new splitter is required. Please contact us for more information.
2019-07-02 – Software release v1.0.6
- Improved star detection – typically 2 to 3 times more stars detected compared to previous versions.
- Improved Sky recognition under twilight conditions.
- Improved Polar alignment under twilight conditions.
- Support for single-axis (RE only) guiding.
2019-05-29 – Software release v1.0.5
- Live view is activated only when auto-guiding is turned off. Sensor settings used in live-view do not affect auto-guiding when turned on again.
- Sky recognition improvements with better fixes with less stars (works better in dusk/dawn situations)
- Polar alignment support for southern hemisphere
- Polar alignment live correction feedback improved.
- Polar alignment (temporarily for this release) measurement time increased to 120s (fixed) to reduce the effect of the mount’s periodic error
- Sky recognition now stores the detected focal length of the guide optics in the settings menu under ‘optics’ for faster initial fix after power-on. If the optics change, the focal length setting can be manually adjusted, or, it is automatically reset after 3 recognition failures.
2019-05-10 – Known issue
Software version V1.0.0
- Description: Live-view too bright, unresponsive when used in daylight.
- Workaround: Press “stop” button before accessing the live view page. This stops the autoguider, which can be enabled afterwards with the “Guide/play” button.
- Planned fix: First upcoming software release.